FAQ After Buying a New Car
Buying a new Ford or used vehicle from Bud Clary is easy and can be mostly online with Bud Clary Direct. However, most people don’t know what to expect after they buy a vehicle. This list of frequently asked questions has been compiled based on the questions that customers ask us the most when it comes to what happens after they buy a vehicle.
1. When do I receive my license plates?
- Licensing typically takes about 2 weeks to process. When we receive your license plates, we will notify you that they have arrived.
- If you have specialized vanity plates, you will receive those in the mail directly from the State. Your license tabs will also come in the mail separately.
2. How do I pay off my trade-in vehicle OR Who pays off my trade-in vehicle?
- We will pay off the lien of your vehicle if you trade it in after the bank has funded the new loan contract.
- At your time of purchase, we receive a 10-day payoff from the bank, to ensure processing happens in a timely manner.
- If, for some reason, you have to make an additional payment due to timing, the lien holder will reimburse you directly.
3. How do I set up my monthly car payment?
- The new lienholder will reach out to you about your upcoming first payment.
- They can set up automatic payments for you. This would need to be re-setup even if you had it on your last loan.
- Expect communication from the lienholder in 2-3 weeks from the time of purchase, but feel free to reach out to them in advance to set up payment options.
4. How and when do I set up my new insurance policy?
- If you have current coverage, you are covered at the time of purchase, typically for a minimum of 7 days.
- Your insurance company will ask you for:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your new vehicle
- Year, Make, and Model
- Name of Lienholder (if applicable)
- We recommend reaching out to your insurance company and notifying them of your new vehicle within a couple of days of your purchase.
5. When does Bud Clary install after-sale items? Ex: Window Tint, Paint & Interior Protection, Parts Accessories
- We will reach out to you to schedule a convenient time to install any items that were not complete at the time of purchase.
- Typically, we would like to install any after-sale items within 10 days of purchase OR when all accessories are received.